The Detroit Symphony Orchestra today announced further changes to its upcoming schedule through Sunday, May 10, due to restrictions on large assemblages and events as recommended by public health officials to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The DSO had previously cancelled or rescheduled concerts through April 5. See below for the new list of concert updates through May 10 and information for ticket holders.
The DSO can’t wait to welcome audiences back to Orchestra Hall as soon as it’s safe to reopen, but for now the orchestra can come to you in your homes with free access to DSO Replay—our archive of past performances at dso.org/replay. These are extraordinary circumstances in uncertain times, but the DSO is committed to keep the music playing.
Ticket holders for cancelled concerts are encouraged to consider donating the cost of their ticket back to the DSO or exchanging for a future performance. This helps your community-supported orchestra as an arts nonprofit during this time as we all navigate the ongoing impact of the coronavirus. To help ensure the DSO’s future, we also ask our patrons and community to please consider the role music plays in your lives and support your orchestra with a gift of any amount at dso.org/donate.
The following performances from April 5 to May 10 are cancelled or rescheduled:
• April 16: Detroit Community Ensembles Spring Concert in Orchestra Hall – Cancelled
• April 17, 18, and 19: Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto in Orchestra Hall – Cancelled
• April 19: CYE Chamber Recital in Allesee Hall – Cancelled
• April 24 and 25: Strauss Waltzes and Mozart Piano Concerto 21 in Orchestra Hall – Cancelled
• April 24: Poetry Slam / Unplugged in The Cube – Rescheduled to June 5
• April 25: Tiny Tots with Gemini in The Cube – Cancelled
• April 25: Young People’s Family Concert “Gershwin’s Magic Key” in Orchestra Hall – Cancelled
• April 28: Chamber Recital at First Christian Reformed Church – Cancelled
• April 30, May 1 and 3: William Davidson Neighborhood Concerts in Southfield, Monroe, and Beverly Hills – Cancelled
• May 1: CYE Showcase in Orchestra Hall – Cancelled
• May 2: Paradise Jazz Series @ 20 with Terence Blanchard in Orchestra Hall – Rescheduled to Saturday, August 8, 2020
• May 3: CYE Family Experience in Orchestra Hall - Cancelled
• May 5: Disney in Concert: A Dream is a Wish in Orchestra Hall – Rescheduled; new date to be announced shortly
• May 8, 9, and 10: Mozart & Prokofiev in Orchestra Hall – Cancelled
In addition, all Civic Youth Ensembles and Detroit Community Ensembles rehearsals are suspended through May 10.
Check dso.org/coronavirus or DSO social media for the latest up-to-date information.
All ticket holders will be contacted via email with their options for donating tickets, exchanges, gift certificates, and refunds, and there is no need to act immediately. Tickets for rescheduled concerts will be honored on the new dates. New dates for rescheduled concerts, including those in previous updates, will be announced as soon as possible. Ticket holders with questions may contact the DSO Box Office by phone at 313-576-5111, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax 313-576-5109. Please be aware that we are responding to a high volume of requests and your inquiry may take longer than normal to answer. We appreciate your patience and understanding.