Detroit Harmony is a citywide collaborative effort between the DSO and other arts nonprofits, schools, community organizations and city leaders. The initiative aims to strengthen Detroit’s music education opportunities for every child while also growing economic opportunity by supporting the instrument technicians, music educators, and teaching artists essential to a thriving musical community
Detroit Harmony Fall Instrument Drive
A core component of Detroit Harmony’s work is to ensure every Detroit student can obtain an instrument. In 2021 through the month of October, Detroit Harmony is running an instrument drive to collect new and used instruments that it can refurbish and begin to distribute to students. If you have an instrument to donate, or you or your organization would like to assist with the instrument drive, you can contact our Detroit Harmony team through the form below.
Ways you or your organization can support Detroit Harmony’s instrument drive:
- Host an instrument donation drive event
- Serve as an instrument drop-off site
- Spread the word to family, community, colleagues, students, etc. about the drive
- Volunteer to pick up instruments from drop off locations
- Hold a fundraiser to purchase instruments for donation to Detroit Harmony
- Purchase an instrument and donate to Detroit Harmony*
*Drop off sites include McCourt’s Music, Detroit Wayne Music Studio, A & G Music, and Orchestra Hall. For questions regarding a potential donation’s quality (for example, an instrument purchased online) or need, please contact one of the music stores or Detroit Harmony staff before purchasing. No pianos or organs without previously contacting Detroit Harmony staff, please!