Become a Volunteer
Magnet for volunteerism—attracting, engaging, and rewarding representation from across our diverse communities, joined by our love of music.
APPLY TO VOLUNTEER
Already a member? LOG IN
We value a consistently high level of performance, both artistically and organizationally.
We partner to achieve collective positive impact within our organization and throughout our community.
We identify, understand, and invite a multitude of voices, views and values into our organizational processes and artistic outputs.
We proactively look for novel ways to advance opportunities.
We flourish in new and uncertain environments.
The DSO's Ambassador Corps was created to provide unique and enlightening opportunities to engage with the DSO as a volunteer ambassador for the organization through the community and at home in Orchestra Hall.
Patron Development, Engagement and Advancement
Act as the front line for the DSO at concerts by greeting, opening doors, directing and connecting with DSO patrons by adopting our motto of happy, hospitable and helpful.
Shop @ the Max
Assist the DSO Retail Manager with staffing the Shop @ the Max retail store during concerts and events.
Assist box office staff by handing out concert tickets at Will Call.
Interact with DSO patrons to build relationships, and show recognition and appreciation. This includes:
• Subscriber Ambassador: Engage your fellow subscribers with opportunities to socialize around DSO concerts and events.
• Surprise & Delight: Surprise selected patrons at DSO concerts, through interactions and special touches that leave them delighted.
• "Thank you" Phone Calls: Contact donors by phone to thank them for their support.
Partner with the DSO to activate social networks spreading outreach far and wide.
Assist DSO staff members with bulk mailings and general office tasks.
• Special events assistance and facilitation and/or serve as ambassadors to greet guests during events.
• Donor Lounge Hospitality: Assist in providing a clean and welcoming experience for patrons in the Herman and Sharon Frankel Donor Lounge.
• Musical Feasts: Serve as liaisons to connect DSO with patrons interested in hosting feasts.
Staff the instrument petting zoo and arts/scraps station during Tiny Tots and Young People's Family concerts.
Observe Education Concert Series webcasts within Detroit Public School classrooms.
Annual Fall Orientation meeting to welcome new volunteers, and update returning volunteers on the various opportunities for volunteering, as well as roles and responsibilities of volunteers.
Ambassador Appreciation Night
A night of celebration to honor all VAC members.