The Detroit Symphony Orchestra has cancelled or rescheduled all concerts and events through April 5, 2020, following the temporary prohibition by the State of Michigan on assemblages and events over 250 people and to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The DSO hopes that our audiences and supporters understand that the health and safety of our patrons, musicians, and staff remain our priority, and that while it’s very disappointing to not be performing for you, we are examining every possibility of bringing music to your lives both now and when we return to the stage. We invite all to visit dso.org/replay for free access to our on-demand archive of webcast performances.
The following performances are cancelled or rescheduled:
- March 12, 13, 14, 15: Carmina Burana in Orchestra Hall – CANCELLED (as announced yesterday)
- March 16: Chamber Recital at Steinway Gallery of Detroit – CANCELLED
- March 19, 20, and 22: William Davidson Neighborhood Concerts in Southfield, Macomb, and Beverly Hills – CANCELLED
- March 20: Paradise Jazz Series “A Night of Duos” in Orchestra Hall – RESCHEDULED to Friday, June 26
- March 20: Late Night Opera Experience in The Cube – CANCELLED
- March 21, 22: Wu-Tang Clan x DSO: Film and Concert Experience in Orchestra Hall – RESCHEDULED, new dates to be announced shortly
- March 24: Patron Appreciation Concert in Orchestra Hall – CANCELLED
- March 27, 28, 29: Music and Magic in Orchestra Hall – CANCELLED
- March 28: Salsa Dance Party in The Cube – RESCHEDULED to Saturday, May 30
- April 2, 3, 4: Dvořák’s “New World” Symphony – CANCELLED
- April 2: Brubeck Centennial in The Cube – RESCHEDULED, new date to be announced shortly
- April 5: Om @ The Max in The Cube – RESCHEDULED, new date to be announced shortly
In addition, all Civic Youth Ensembles and Detroit Community Ensembles rehearsals and performances are being suspended through April 5.
Tickets for rescheduled concerts will be honored on the new dates. All ticket holders will be contacted via email with their options for exchanges, gift certificates, donating tickets, and refunds, and there is no need to take action immediately. Ticket holders with questions may contact the DSO Box Office by phone at 313-576-5111, email email@example.com, or fax 313-576-5109. Please be aware that we are responding to a high volume of requests and your inquiry may take longer than normal to answer. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Check dso.org/coronavirus or DSO social media for the latest up-to-date information.