“ My time as an Applebaum Fellow has been full of excitement and enrichment. Community programs take immense coordination and care; not unlike an orchestra, each team member’s individual responsibility contributes to an incredibly salient force. ”Maria French, Community & Learning Fellow, 2020
Applebaum Internship Program in partnership with Wayne State University
The Applebaum Internship Program (AIP) with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra is a unique opportunity to enhance leadership, networking, and work skills in a student cohort experience. Selected Wayne State University students will be assigned a meaningful, hands-on portfolio, and a dedicated supervisor committed to your growth and development. To learn more about the Applebaum Internship Program at the DSO, please click here.
The Applebaum experience in the summer has special requirements and professional development opportunities for interns. To learn more about the partnership and summer 2023 program, please click here. Important details include:
- Internships run June 5 – July 30
- Interns must work a minimum of 25 hours per week
- Students are required to participate in 3-4, in-person, professional development sessions with other metro Detroit Applebaum interns over the course of the summer
- Interns receive a $3,000 stipend, paid in two $1,500 installments at the mid and end point of the internship
- WSU Music students interested in getting academic credit for their internship can register for the Music Business Internship course, MUA 4620
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority consideration given to applicants who submit their materials by Sunday, April 30.
- Artistic Programming – Jazz and @ THE MAX
- Community and Learning – Detroit Strategy
- Fundraising and Advancement
Students interested in applying for one of the above positions should submit a resume to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, including the position title in the subject line. Cover letters are highly encouraged, but optional.
Candidates interested in Internship opportunities with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra may submit a resume and cover letter outlining their areas of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DSO recommends that all employees be vaccinated and boosted. For unvaccinated employees, testing and mask protocols apply for onsite work.