As another fun and meaningful way to bring our community together with music, DSO musicians have designed a project called the Virtual Side-by-Side.
From now until April 24th, we will be creating a virtual ensemble of musicians near and far, for all ages and skill levels! We're using an arrangement of Dvořák's famous "Goin' Home" melody from his "New World" Symphony, put together by composer and DSO cellist Jeremy Crosmer.
Here's how to participate:
• Check out DSO Principal Clarinet Ralph Skiano's video outlining the project, with a preview of the piece, below.
• Click here to find and download the part for your instrument.
• Record a video of yourself playing along with our musicians (remember to use headphones!).
• Upload your video here. Be sure to submit your video by April 24th!
• Keep watching our social media channels as this project gets underway! We'll be sending out updates and eventually publish a video featuring all our participants. Let's stay safe, stay healthy, and #keepthemusicplaying.