DSO SAFETY POLICIES: Masks are strongly recommended for all patrons attending events at The Max and other DSO venues. Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 test for all guests is required upon entry for indoor events and is not required for outdoor events (including in Sosnick Courtyard). See below for more details.
Ticket holders with questions may contact the DSO Box Office at 313.576.5111 or email@example.com, open Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The DSO remains committed to the health and well-being of our patrons, musicians, and staff. The DSO will continue to follow recommendations from public health experts on indoor gatherings and preventing the spread of COVID-19 and may make additional changes or reinstitute mask requirements if necessary.
Please note: activities by our Civic Youth Ensembles will retain their own safety policies. DSO staff will be in touch with students and families regarding these policies.
Can't make it to a concert or prefer to join us remotely? Check out our digital offerings including free Live from Orchestra Hall webcasts and live pay-per-view Paradise Jazz Series performances on DSO Digital Concerts.
The DSO currently requires the following to enter the Max M. and Marjorie S. Fisher Music Center, and other performance venues unless otherwise stated:
- All guests must provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 test upon entry for indoor events. Patrons attending outdoor events (including in the DSO's Sosnick Courtyard) are not required to provide proof of vaccination or a negative test.
- Accepted vaccines are those currently approved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson. With all three, it must be two weeks since your final dose (2nd dose for Pfizer and Moderna; 1st dose for Johnson & Johnson).
- Negative test results must be from either a PCR test taken within 48 hours of your performance time, or from an antigen test – also known as a rapid test – taken within 6 hours of your performance time. You can find a list of MDHHS COVID-19 testing sites here.
- We recommend using the Clear app, available for both Apple and Android devices, to store your vaccine or test results and to present them to our staff upon entry. You may also present a physical copy or digital image stored on your phone. Please have this ready to show before you reach the first set of doors.
- Children who are not vaccinated will be admitted to the Max M. and Marjorie S. Fisher Music Center with proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours of the performance start time or 6-hour antigen test.
These protocols will remain in place until community transmission rates no longer require them. Orchestra Hall is currently operating at full audience capacity.
Similar vaccine and mask policies are in place for DSO staff and musicians including guest artists. Policies will be regularly assessed and are subject to change.
For additional safety, we have also instituted contactless e-ticketing. You will be asked to present the barcode for your e-tickets at the second entry point – after you present your vaccine or test results. Please see Ticket FAQ for more details.