The Detroit Symphony Orchestra is thrilled to welcome limited-capacity audiences back to The Max. As we do so, our on-demand digital archive, DSO Replay, remains free for all and we will continue to stream DSO Digital Concerts for those that prefer to enjoy performances virtually.
We are committed to following health and safety protocols that keep us all safe. Audience members are required to follow all safety measures, even if vaccinated. Policies are subject to change as guidelines evolve.
BEFORE LEAVING HOME
- If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you do not attend the event and contact the Box Office to let us know you won’t be able to make it.
- We advise that you plan to arrive early to the event to account for staggered entry procedures.
- We have transitioned to contactless e-ticketing. Ahead of your arrival, we kindly ask you to be logged into your dso.org account on your phone and have your e-tickets on your screen ready to show to our ushers. Instructions on how to access your e-tickets will be sent via Concert Guide email to ticketholders ahead of the event.
- Will-call is not an option for the 2020-2021 season.
- There will be no valet parking – all parking will be in the DSO structure on Parsons St. and will be complimentary.
- The DSO adheres to social distancing guidelines and restrictions set by the State of Michigan. As such, events will be held at a limited capacity.
- We are following State of Michigan guidelines for masks as of June 1, 2021: For indoor concerts, masks are required to be worn by all unvaccinated guests through July 1, 2021; they are optional for vaccinated guests. For outdoor concerts, masks are voluntary by all guests.
- To aid with contact tracing, patrons may be required to provide their name, phone number, or other contact information to gain entry to The Max M. and Marjorie S. Fisher Music Center and Sosnick Courtyard.
- Masks must be worn at all required times and patrons must maintain social distance.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up at various locations around The Max.
- There will be no intermission and concessions will not be available at most events.
- Patrons will need to follow directions on entry and exit, including direction from the stage, signage, and usher guidance.
We can’t wait to welcome you back! Please stay tuned via email and social media for updates on scheduling, season information, and where we may be present in outdoor spaces in our community this summer.
To view the complete safety plan, please click the button below.