The DSO’s Education team creates Teacher Resources Guides to accompany each Educational Concert Series performance, so both music and non-music teachers can equip their students to get the most out of the concert experience. Whether students listen in-person at Orchestra Hall or watch a live webcast, they will find deeper connections to the music through the lessons and activities in the Teacher Resource Guide. Each guide is specially curated to integrate NAfME and Common Core standards. Explore the Guide for the next ECS performance below, as well as its companion Listening Tracks. Click here to find out more about the Educational Concert Series.
Through the Classroom Edition webcast program, the DSO is able to provide free access to recordings of previous Educational Concert Series performances. Teachers of any subject can easily integrate music into their classroom with the webcasts and their accompanying Teacher Resource Guides, available here. Click here to browse through prior ECS webcasts.
Past resource guides:
• 18-19, ECS 3: Look.Listen.Connect
• 18-19, ECS 2: Mozart and the Opera
• 18-19, ECS 1: The Tale of the Firebird
• 17-18, ECS 3: A Symphony of Science
• 17-18, ECS 2: Around the World in 45 Minutes
• 17-18, ECS1: Happy, Sad, Silly, Scary
• 16-17, ECS3: Music In Motion