Perform with minimum supervision, all accounting functions related to the daily operations of assigned funds, including bank and other account reconciliations, journal entries, preparation of financial statements, and analytic review of financial results.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare journal entries, including support detail, necessary to accurately record the financial transactions of DSO. Prepares monthly and/or annual financial statements reporting the results of DSO operations, including comparisons to the annual operating budget and explanations of variances to budget.
• Prepare for annual audit including year-end reconciliation and journal entries, workpaper and financial statement preparation, and compilation of tax data.
• Maintain and monitor program budgets and forecasts. Analyze and report on variances.
• Provide financial support and analysis to other departments of the Organization.
• Oversee vendor relationships. Monitor contractual obligations to ensure that payments are accurate, timely and in accordance with established contracts.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual budget, periodic forecasts, long range plans.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance and at least three years of broad general accounting experience required. Prior not-for-profit experience and knowledge of Financial Edge software preferred.
Primary Reporting Responsibility: Controller
Secondary Reporting Responsibility: Chief Financial Officer
Qualified candidates should submit a resume with cover letter to Jobs@dso.org.
All resumes are acknowledged with postcard or email upon receipt. No phone calls, please. The Detroit Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values and encourages a diverse workforce.