Information Technology Manager
Maintains information technology environment by monitoring system performance, identifying potential system problems and applying appropriate remedial actions, installing software and firmware upgrades and patches. Supports user community in use of authorized hardware and applications. Maintains user access rights within corporate policy. Recommends system changes based on interaction with users, analyzing workflow, information flow and security requirements.
• Manage day-to-day internal client interaction.
• Tests, installs and configures pc, server, phone, A/V, LAN /.WAN hardware, operating systems, application software, firmware and monitoring systems.
• Analyze and remediate pc, server, phone, A/V, network hardware and software issues.
• Responsible for security of corporate data and systems.
• Reviews system logs to identify potential operation and security issues.
• Maintains system performance by monitoring and analysis of key system parameters, performance tuning; trouble-shooting hardware, software, networks and operating systems. Designs and runs system load tests; escalates problems to vendor or other external support partners as required.
• Ensure and provide technical support for DSO in-house events (etc. concerts, performances)
• Maintains and provide technical support for event-oriented technologies including patron WI-FI, scanner equipment, point-of-sale system, box office systems and performance streaming services.
• Prepares user training materials, conducts training sessions and provides user support for basic use of standard pc applications.
• Recommends system upgrades by reviewing vendor information and organizational needs, testing and evaluating new and upgraded hardware and software.
• Maintains software licenses, warranty information and documentation of all hardware and software installation, configuration, changes and removal.
• Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and external support partners.
• Maintain accurate inventory of company computing, telecomm, A/V assets
• Maintains and documents user accounts, access and security credentials within corporate policy.
• Executes data security, backup and disaster recovery plans.
• Maintains job and industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
• Assists in developing operating and capital budgets for Information Technology department and controls expenses within approved budget.
• Responds to internal and external audit requests regarding compliance with internal and external data and network security standards.
• Communicates clearly and effectively with all operating and organizational staff.
• Due to nature of work and the Detroit Symphony Orchestra’s event calendar, evening and weekend on-call technical support may be required.
• Seven to Ten years’ experience administering Microsoft networks, VOIP Unified communications and IOS based network infrastructure.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent desired.
• Detailed functional knowledge of Microsoft Server and HyperV operating systems, active directory, SQL server, MS Exchange, media encoding / streaming, pc operating systems and MS Office applications.
• Working knowledge of phone systems hardware, wiring and software including POTS, ISDN, and Cisco VOIP.
• Detailed functional knowledge of WAN/LAN hardware, operating systems, media, including Cat 5, 5e and 6 standards, Cisco switches, routers, wireless controllers, wireless access points and VPN.
Primary Reporting Responsibility: Chief Financial Officer
Qualified candidates should submit a resume with cover letter to Jobs@dso.org.
All resumes are acknowledged with postcard or email upon receipt. No phone calls, please. The Detroit Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values and encourages a diverse workforce.